Set up as shown with feeders on either side of the area, and players behind mats who will be shooting.
These players do a summersault on the mat before standing up, receiving a pass from the feeder and shooting.
Players walk along the benches to improve balance and co-ordination, these are vital skills that will be very important when coming down from a jump shot.
Players can start to add variety to the drill through a number of different styles.
1. Without a ball.
2. Whilst holding a ball, make a full turn in the middle of each bench.
3. With a ball in one outstretched hand.
4. Whilst circling the ball around their waist.
5. Whilst circling the ball around their head.
6. Whilst taking big steps and moving the ball under the front leg after every step.
7. Whilst throwing the ball up and catching it again.
Hop on/over the benches and run or hop back.
Which team will be the fastest?
- Hop on and off the bench with one leg, every time a different leg
Hop on and off the bench with one leg, each time with the same leg
Hop on anf off the bench with two legs
Hop over the bench with one leg, every time a different leg
Hop over the bench with one leg, each time the same leg
- Hop over the bench sidewards with both legs
Using only their shoulders, players should take it in turns to run along a line of the pitch trying to push the other player further over the line.
The aim for players is to push the other player far enough over the line so that they can then enter the other player's side.
Culture impacts how players work together, behave, feel and communicate. How can you as a coach help sculpt your team culture?
Cup final season is upon us! That's why we take a look at how to best prepare your players for the end of season showdowns!
The helpful tips, ideas and drills are super useful for developing our coaching abilities and the abilities of our players.