Handball Drill Demonstration
Players are in a circle.
Pairs are opposite eachother and get the same number.
When the trainer calls out a number, the pair in question sprint to the ball and try to get it before the other one of the pair does.
- just touch the ball and sprint back : Who is back first ?
- run backwards back to your position
- hop one one leg to the ball and back
- make the distance to the ball larger, shorter
pay only attention to the complete technical movement
Only general corrections
Pay attention to :
Body must be in straight position,
arms moving actively along together with the movements of the legs
ellbows at right angle
All of the body should point to the direction you are going to : feet,knees,arms in same direction
mistakes often made :
- 'sitting' when running, bottoms up !!
- upper part of the body too far in front
- shoulders risen too high