Receiving priorities to shoot & score
The best forwards recognise where the spaces are developing before the ball has even got to them. Often the players are picking the ball up in tightly marked areas, so they need to recognise how to use their body to protect the ball and utilise the spaces to bring in other players, or to take a shot for themselves.
What’s in the Session?
- Session focused on players being comfortable at receiving and move the ball under pressure and in tightly marked areas.
- Players will demonstrate an awareness of what’s around them and adjust their receiving position accordingly to create goal scoring opportunities.
- Decision making, shooting techniques, spatial awareness, body position to receive
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of U8 – U11.
- Receiving to shoot skill practice.
To coach and develop players to be comfortable and confident when receiving the ball in tightly marked spaces and work to create goal scoring opportunities.
This session is available as part of an Interactive Coaching Pack, scroll down to learn more