Counter attacking from deep
Sitting deep to soak up pressure is a great way to create space higher up the pitch. Use this session to teach your team to invite the opposition into their territory before winning the ball and counter-attacking at pace into the space left higher up the field.
- Skill based practice with opposition to create interference and realistic practices.
- Players will develop an understanding of how to spot triggers which indicate good opportunities to counter attack from deep areas.
- Noticing opportunity to counter, speed of attack, moving the ball forward quickly and early, and combinations to advance.
- The session is aimed at players between the ages of 12 – 16.
- Skill practice 2 – counter attacking from deep.
To coach the team how to counter attack quickly from deep positions and create goal scoring opportunities as a result from this.