Soccer Drill Demonstration
Objective: To successfully use different surfaces to control the ball in an unopposed practice.
- Mark out a 20 x 20 area.
- Split the players into pairs.
- Players then spread around the outside of the area with their partner on the inside.
- To begin, players are stationary and play two touch by controlling the ball before passing back.
- Players remain stationary whilst working on control and aerial control (chest, thigh, head).
- Get in line with the ball.
- Select an appropriate controlling surface.
- Show surface to control the ball.
- Withdraw surface to reduce impact.
- Angle of body to turn.
Drill tags: aerial control, control, controlling, football, header, soccer