Soccer Drill Demonstration
Set up a square roughly 10m x 10m.
Have a few players at each corner.
A Player (1) from one corner runs clockwise around the square with a ball; halfway to the next corner they pass to the Player (2) at this corner. Player 2 passes immediately back to the Player 1 and starts running clockwise to the next corner.
Player 1 passes the ball on to the Player (3) at the corner in front of Player 2. Player 3 then passes to Player 2 and starts running.
Player 2 passes to Player 4, who passes to Player 3 who is running towards them.
Play moves clockwise, allowing each player to have a few turns.
Then play anti-clockwise.
- Control the ball with the backfoot (right foot when anticlockwise, left when clockwise)
- Body opened up
- Can have 2 touches
- Leave it playable, nice and soft (from corner player to player in middle) to make it playable to next corner.
- Don't want middle player getting really close before receiving the ball.
- Communication is key- shout for the ball
- As this is a bit complicated, start with 1 ball and add another when the players are confident with how it works.