Soccer Drill Demonstration
- Four cones set up round the goal. GK touches a cone with nearest hand then jumps back into set position to have a good base to make save from a volley.
- Should touch all 4 cones followed by making a save. Then rotate keepers.
- GK touches cone with nearest hand, but leaves furthest hand in position.
- GK then brings the other hand back into the correct position allowing them to prepare the hands earlier.
- Hands should be out in front of the body with weight slightly forward.
- Should aim to get back in the set position as quickly as possible.
- After every touch and catch the GK receives a shot from the side into dive. Therefore working on basic catching technique from a standing position and also the technique when diving.
Drill tags: diving, catching, goalkeeping