Soccer Drill Demonstration
Objective: To defend as a full back in a 1 v 1 situation
- This practice uses only 4 players (2 full backs 1 winger 1 GK).
- Use half a pitch down either side.
- Serving full back serves the ball from the half way line into the winger.
- Defensive full back starts 10 yards outside the 18 yard box.
- Serving full back passes ball into wide player, and as ball travels defending full back pressurises the ball.
- Close down wide player quickly cutting off the line preventing wide player getting passed into coned area.
- Slow down within 2-3 yards to prevent wide player getting past, but close enough to prevent building up speed.
- Jockey and lead with nearest foot if ball can be won.
Drill tags: 1v1, defence, defend, defending, football, full backs