Soccer Drill Demonstration
Objective: Get players physically prepared for the session through a fun activity linked to the sessions goals.
- Set up a 30 x 40 area with 4 goals (on the 40 side).
- Split the players into 4 groups of 4 with a goal and ball each.
- Explain the game of wembley singles and/or doubles (1v1 or 2v2).
- If playing singles use a spare player as a goal keeper. However if playing doubles tell the players that Team A starts with the ball by the goal & plays out to Team B who can then attack.
- Rotate around accordingly.
- Stop after every couple of mins for dynamic stretches (open/close the gate, lunges, hip rotations, backwards lunges & punters).
- Intensity of Wembley needs to be high so its a good pulse raiser.
- Emphasis on scoring lots of different types of goals (success).
- Dynamic stretches should be done until players feel muscle tightness not pain.
- Do not coach, just allow play.
Drill tags: conditioned games, finishing, football, soccer, warm up, wembley