1) All team - legs straddle - pass ball between legs to back person - (s)he runs to front of line. Repeat until all have completed it.
2) Same idea but this time under legs then next person passes over head, next under legs (under/over/under etc.)
3) Same idea but twist hips to pass to person behind first to the left then to the right - back person runs to front.
First team to win 3/4/5 races.
Change teams if one team is always coming last!
Repeat relay (after coaching) if first relay is not done well enough!
Each time a player
passes the ball they must do a press up or sit up
No dropped balls, if the ball is dropped it must go back to the start
Groups of 4
One ball per group
In threes, handling up a channel, support runner calls self into line, receives a pass, offloads and repeats down the second channel.
Change support player after each run.
Set up the cones as shown.
12 Cones with 2 balls.
Start with 2 players on the centre cone, each with a ball, and facing each other. On GO, the both run backwards to the first cone then side step up the grid to the second cone before running through the slalom cones back to the start where the ball is passed to the next players who only go when each player has received a ball.
1) Run out to a cone - round cone back to the team
2) Run out to a different cone but back to your own team.
3) Dribble ball with your feet up to the line - dive on ball - pick up ball and run back.
Create a resolution to develop your coaching confidence by seizing the opportunity to discover new drills, turn ideas into action and seek advice from the coaching community.
Don't find yourself having to regain fitness when you get back to sport after the Christmas break. Keep on top of your exercise plans now and give yourself a head start next year!
Losing is inevitable and it's how we deal with it that will help us to grow as coaches and improve our team's performance.