Football Drill Demonstration
- Have a central line of cones coming out from halfway accross the goal. Two wide Servers.
- Server 1 strikes the ball into the GK. GK then recovers and makes save from Server 2
- Server 2 can only serve once the GK passes the middle line to prevent them just shooting into an empty net.
- Efficiency of movement. Is the goalkeeper taking enough steps to get accross the goal and is the initial step large enough?
- Whilst running across the goal, the GK's top half should be facing out but should not over-rotate the trailing shoulder as this will prevent the GK dealing with a shot if hit early back accross them.
Drill tags: goalkeeping, working across goal, recovery, save, dive