- Performing the indian dribble while jogging
- Notice the weight transfer as the ball is moved from one side to the other
- Encourage players to lift their heads up whenever possible
- Have players change the angle in which they run on the blow of a whistle
2 teams. Both teams have to try and take all the balls from their goal and put them in the other teams goal. Each team should only stay on their side of the line of cones (one ball per player at any time).
Moving with the ball
- Perform the indian dribble whilst move the body through the cones
- The goal is to move the ball towards then cone, then cut it back quickly. This attempts to make a defender into making a challenge, allowing the attacker to move around a static player
- Performing a continuous stick dink - Practice 3D skills whilst moving in a linear fashion
- Performing the indian dribble on either side of the body while jogging
Defender steps in front of the attacker to intercept a pass Coaching Points Defender is marking over distance (not touch-tight) Defender times his run so he picks up the ball at the correct time Defender picks the ball up on the move Intercepting player keeps moving with the ball after interception to get away from the attacker and into a strong position Progression Make the attacker less passive
- Using the upright reverse stick to intercept a pass
- Leading towards and then away from a pass, receiving the ball on the reverse side
- Leading towards and then away from a pass, receiving the ball on the open side
- Restart at a penalty corner - Very important that the ball goes exactly where desired so the routine can run smoothly
"It is not only useful for staff who are experienced but a valuable tool for those subject staff who have to take teams."
The variety of sessions across sports - sometimes we steal session ideas from one sport and use them with another.
As we enter the business end of the competition, we take a look at the remaining eight teams and the key talking points surrounding each side.
Give it a try - it's better in the app