Hockey Drill Demonstration
Changing direction with a lift of the ball over the stick. Important that the player moves there feet and body around the ball to then push of their left foot and lift the ball over the stick.
- Players should exploud away once they have performed the lift, stopping a defender from having a second chance at making a challenge
- Less experience players should walk as opposed to run, allowing them to focus more on the lift
- Use the momentum of the ball to players advantage. Move the ball to the left slightly, allowing the ball to roll up the stick
- Players should trap the ball with soft hands to reduce the likelihood of the ball bobbling
- Have players perform the lift in both directions
- Change the angle of the sticks so players can practice moving the ball in different directions