Football Drill Demonstration
Clinical Finishing DESCRIPTION
Play 3 v 3 in the middle area with goalkeepers at each end. The object of the game is to score in the opposing goal. Only the attacker with the ball can go into the end area from a through pass from a teammate or by dribbling in. No defenders are allowed in this area. Goalkeepers must stay on their line until the ball enters their goal area. Attackers have a maximum of 3 touches in end areas. Goals can be scored only in the end areas. Attackers have only 1 touch from rebounds from the goalkeeper.
1. Develop into allowing 1 defender to enter the penalty area also to put pressure on the attacker. The defender is nominated and is the only player allowed in.
2. Reduce number of touches in the endzone to 2.
3. Allow 2 attackers and 1 defender in end zone. 1st attacker has 2 touches, other attacker has only 1 touch.
- As a team, spread out wide and deep.
- Time your run into the area to best the offside line and get the ball.
- When you enter the final area, pass the ball past the goalkeeper.
- Aim low and to the far corner.