Football Drill Demonstration
4vs4+3 Possession Practice - or 7vs3
Players positioned as in diagram
- reds and yellows are keeping the ball
- blues are defending if blues win the ball, then they go outside and reds come in. and blues have to try and keep it.
- could make it when DFs win it, they have to go to a goal. Use GKs as yellow end players
- vary numbers, size of grid etc.
- Have to play through yellow player in middle
- Middle players has to stay in central area.
These are the same principles as previous sessions, but just build on the numbers slightly.
Other things to think about include:
- manipulating the opponent with ball movement. I.e., passing out wide to create space through middle. or, playing to the middle, to go out wide, or, up, back, through.
- breaking lines with passes - when? When not to? How? Why?
- short passes in zone to attract players, then swicthing play to get away into another area of pitch.
- thrid man concept - supporting player on ball as he receives it.
Defensive principles also.
ALso, as in teh 3vs3+3 exercise, the same menatlity needs to occur upin losing and winning the ball back - this is vital
- either win ball back upon losing it, or,
- secure the ball upon winning it., to get into an extended spell of possession.