Football Drill Demonstration
1st and second Defender
Unopposed 2v2. Attacking team passes the ball back and forth. Defending team works on 1st and 2nd defender. This is repetitive and done a speed. Work for 60 seconds and switch. 3 rounds for each group and move on. Each time must get better! Praise pair that works the hardest and have them demonstrate.
- As ball travels - players drop and step.
- Do not get caught square (straight line defending)
• Marking positions.
• Challenging & pressurising opponent in possession.
• Showing opponents into agreed areas or positions
in middle third.
• Preventing penetrating through passes.
• Covering the pressing player.
• Achieving (& maintaining) compactness both centrally & wide.