Football Drill Demonstration
Game set up:
- 25x35 yard area
- three teams of four
- extra balls
- Two of the group teams up as attackers to keep the ball away from the third group as long as possible.
- if the defenders win the ball, players immedistely switch roles. the defender becomes the attacker and the attacking team that lost the ball becomes the new defenders.
- The 8vs4 situations continues uninterrupted while attackers and defenders switch roles. players must adapt instantly to the new situation.
- switch the play, so 8 defenders and 4 attackers
- add an extra ball
- limit touches
- make the area smaller
- if the defender win the ball the have to dribble outside the area before switching roles.
- bigger area
- attackers can make two free passes before defenders can start to defend.
- Beaware of the players around you.
- move into space
- create opportunities
- firm passess.