Football Drill Demonstration
10 Players - Lots of Balls - Pitch Marked Out
First we encourage to the teams to agree on a points system.
· Two teams, one defending, one attacking and two goalkeepers · Defending team divided equally to defend each goal · Attacking team on half way line ready to play · Attacking team get a set number of balls (one for each attack)
They then decide to attack in one of the following ways:
- 1v1 - 5 points for every goal
- 2v1 - 2 points for every goal
- 3v2 - 4 points for every goal
- 4v2 - 3 points for every goal
If a goal is scored, the same players receive another ball and attack the other goal.
If they miss or if the defenders win and pass the ball to the coach that attack is then over and the next ball is played in.
To reduce the challenge: Increase the overloads and play more:
- 3v1, 4v2, 5v2. ·
- Make the goals wider ·
- Play without a goalkeeper ·
- Goalkeeper can’t use their hands
To increase the challenge: Reduce the overloads
- 1v2, 2v3, 3v4. ·
- After a certain amount of time another attacker can join in and make it even sided, if attackers are still in possession
· For all of the overloads, add another defender after a certain time
Things to look out for:
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving