Football Drill Demonstration
TIME: 4-5 mins per round until all players have rotated.
Set 4- 10 x 10 rondos with 3 to 4 players a piece within a 50 x 30 area. Have 4 players in center called "position." Each position player is responsible for a particular square. Ball is live at any square. As soon as the ball is played to a square, a position player must run at full sprint trying to disrupt play. The ball is played amongst other squares, from short passes to long switch. In which a new position player runs out to pressure. If the ball is disrrupted, simply reset and continue.
- Influence 1 touch.
- Speed of play.
- Backfoot, turning hips to get away from pressure.
- Don't look to keep playing under pressure. Get ball switched asap after the ball is touched 3 different times within rondo
- Players need to be alert
- Look for social cues to anticipate a pass to their square. Anticipate, don't react.
- As soon as the ball is released, the player must continue to huslte back to position base. THE IDEA- if a player is pulled out of postion because of good pressure during a game, he/she is still resposible to get back where they're suppose to be quickly.
- If the # of players is less than 4 or number of rondos, have players communicate on who's pressuring. If mommentum allows player to run on to a neighboring rondo, allow as long as it is communicated.
- The focus is the pressure. Adjust rondos and over all distance just enough where its giving them hard work.
- Although pressure is the focus, speed of play on the ball can also be as well.