Football Drill Demonstration
Set up - 10 players, 8 Attackers, 4 blue, 4 red and 2 GK's.
Player outside of the box play a 1-2 with their player on the goal line and then proceed to shoot.
The dashed lines represent a pass/shot. The squiggle line represents player movement.
Progressions would involve changing the shot technique: Laces, weak foot, placing into corners.
Further progression would involve adding a cone to the side for the player passing first to run around (game relation is losing the defender).
- Communication prior to the starting pass and thorughout. Verbal and non-verbal.
- Accurate passses able to reach your partner comfortably.
- Surface of the foot to pass - Side foot?
- Quality of movement - Is it sharp, decieving to opponents?
- Shot on goal to score. Should always be on target if not in.
- Standing foot - Is it clode enough/too far away from the ball to imbalance you?
- Surface of the foot to shoot - Laces for power or side foot for accuracy?
- Quality of leg movement after the shot - Follow through?