Football Drill Demonstration
Aim: To improve shooting technique
Suitable for: U8’s and upwards
Equipment: 2 goals, cones, balls by both goals.
Split the group in to two teams. Players line up in any formation. The game is played 3 v 3 + 2 goalkeepers. Each team stays in their own half of the field. The keeper serves the ball to any player who can either shoot or set up a team mate to shoot. The opposite team can try and block shots. If a goal is scored or the ball goes out of play the opposite goalkeeper can serve the ball.
- Must be high tempo
- Limit touches
- Each team must pass 3 times before shooting
- Alter length / width of area
- 5 goals wins the game
- Accuracy of shot
- Fast, crisp passing to utilise gaps
- Shot selection (driven, side foot placed, lob, curl, etc)
- First touch away from opposition to find gaps in the defence