Football Drill Demonstration
Aim: To improve shooting technique
Suitable for: U9’s and upwards
Equipment: 1 goal, 5 balls.
Organisation: 1 striker works and has five attempts to score. 5 balls are placed around the D outside the penalty area. The players come and collect a ball, turn and shoots. As soon as the player shoots they must sprint to pick up another ball.
- Must be high tempo
- Limit touches
- One shot must be with weaker foot
- Add a goalkeeper and the player can take them on in a 1 on 1 situation
- Add defenders to pressure player as he picks up the ball
- Accuracy of shot
- Shot selection (driven, side foot placed, lob, curl, etc)
- Vision, awareness of goalkeepers position
- Take the ball away from defender