Football Drill Demonstration
Player D is the player doing all the work in this drill (swap after 5 minutes) Player D will start running up to player F and player F will simply throw the ball up for Player D to cushion it back. Sprinting over to the other side, Player D will execute the same header with player A. This is an intense drill and for this reason the players are only working 5 minutes each, resting whilst they are throwing the ball.
- Put feet in a wide fencer or boxer stance, with knees bent and weight centered evenly (see a good description below on teaching this stance)
- Keep the neck stiff, and use the waist/back to move the head toward the ball.
- Eyes OPEN!
- Mouth CLOSED!
- Hit ball with the forehead area between hairline and eyebrows.
- If you hit the ball on its bottom half, the ball will go up.
- If you hit the ball on the upper half, the ball will go down.