Rugby Drill Demonstration
Due to second rows typically the ones to jump, this drill focuses on the explosiveness of the jump, the body position in the scrum or maul drive and the abillity to catch above their head.
1. Set up a series of hurdles or ladders evenly spaced with a tackle cyclinder lying on the floor and your hooker standing on cone with a ball.
2. Get your second rows standing behind the ladders and get them to jump over hurdles.
- Focus on straight legged jump and exploding upwards.
3. Once completed hurdles, set your self up against tackle cylinder and drive the bag backwards.
4. Then run around and set yourself just of center with hooker and practice 5 throws with catching overhead.
Complete this circuit 4/5 times