Rugby Drill Demonstration
Improving the ability to off load when once tackled to floor.
1. Get players into groups 5 in a line with a ball at the front.
2. Get the players to start running in a line.
3. When the player behind shouts left or right thats the side the player with the ball pops the ball.
4. Once player has popped the ball they side step the other way and rejoin the line.
5. Keep going for however long you se fit. Can make races between the teams.
MAKE SURE THE PLAYER'S ARE CATCHING THE BALL JUST OFF THE SHOULDER.
- Increase the intensity and pace of drill.
- Get the players to stop calling and just pop ball to help reactions.
- Bring in going to ground like seen in picture and popping the ball up for team mate to run onto,