Rugby Drill Demonstration
Used to beat a defender by changing direction in an instant.
1. Set up 3 cones, 1 black, 1 red and 3 white, just like the picture.
2. Get players to run at 1st white cone.
3. Plant foot at 1st white cone push off to second white cone and then push to 3rd white cone.
4. Once on 3rd white cone straighten and accelerate forward.
- Start slowly and then increase speed.
- Once confident replace red cone with defender.
- Then get defender to turn hips either to left or right and attacker has to react.
- Then let defender become live.