Rugby Drill Demonstration
Making sure players protecting the ball in contact. Where to put the ball if no one to offload, pass too or getting doubled teamed tackled.
1. Have 6 players on pads in pairs standing next to each other.
2. Have all other players behind the cone with a ball.
3. Players run with the ball one by one and attack between the tackle pads.
4. Defenders start of with slight resistance.
MAKE SURE PLAYERS BRING BALL IN TIGHT TO MIDDLE OF BODY AS ITS HARDER TO RIP OR COME LOSE. ALSO MAKE SURE THEY GET A LOW BODY TO DRIVE THROUGH.
- Increase the resistance provided by tackle shields.
- Can adapt drill to amke into mauling or ofloading.