Rugby Drill Demonstration
Creating Space for attack but getting the defensive to think and use the correct defense technique to use.
1. Set up a playing area big enough for the players you have.
2. Bib up both teams using different colours. Have 2-3 players in the same colour depending on how many players you have.
3. Getting them playing touch, huggie rugby or full contact game.
4. When the coach shouts a colour they have to sprint back to try line and lie on bellies.
5. These players are out of the game until the 2nd attack phase starts or a knock on or interception has occured.
6. The colour called can be from attack or defense. This helps the decision making for which defenisve move to use.