Rugby Drill Demonstration
Technique if the opposition has good strong low body position and are unable to drive them back.
1. Have a tackle cylinder and a defender with a curved tackle shield upside down (curve at the bottom) standing over the middle of the cylinder.
2. One player laying on their belly in front of a green cone.
3. When coach says go they bounce to their feet. they run up to the cone and push of their outside foot towrads ruck area.
4. They then want to adopt that low body position and they then want their shoulder to hit into the curve and drive them back. If they are unable to drive the opposition they are going to roll them.
5. Do it five times on each shoulder and then change over.
-Ensure players are focused on getting low and driving the feet.