Rugby Drill Demonstration
- 1 Player starts with the ball facing a line of 3 or 4 players. The line of players hold on to the waist of the player in front.
- On coaches whistle player with ball tries to touch the player at the back of the line (snake's tail).
- Snake tries to move around to avoid the player with the ball catching the snakes tail.
- If the player with ball catches the player at the back they get a point.
- If snake evades the player with the ball they get a point. Time limit of 20 - 30 seconds. Repeat twice then swap player with the ball.
- Look for foot work from the player with the ball. Up on toes and quick changes of direction to get to the snakes tail.
- Encourage communication within the snake - move left, spin right.
- Praise effort even if player doesn't catch the snake.