Rugby Drill Demonstration
2 Attackers v 1 Defender and one ball
- First attacker runs in to the defender who tackles and attempts to turn the player.
- The defender gets back to feet quickly and runs around the tackled attacker to get back on side and then challenge for the ball.
- Once ready to challenge for the ball the second attacker attempts to cleat out the defender.
- Coach counts to 3 and then Restarts
- Any tackle technique can be used
- Defender must attempt to turn and ground player quickly.
- When getting back on feet the defender runs around the tackle player who remains on the ground.
- Keeoing his hands on the defender so remaining low.