Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Line up five meters away from the ruck pads.
- Have the player run and make contact with the ruck pad. Drive the ruck pad back two meters.
- Release and move on to the tackle. If you move to the left, make the tackle with the left shoulder. If you move to the right, make the tackle with the right shoulder.
- The tackler remains and becomes the next tacklee.
- Switch ruck pads every 4-5 contacts.
Remember good body positioning when entering rucks. Provide 50% resistance to tackles. Do not go down easily, but do not move too far.