Rugby Drill Demonstration
• Players to work in pairs initially (will up to 3s with progressions)
• Player with the ball throws the ball up over the top of player 2 so that player has to run back, track the ball and catch it. Can vary between this and rolling the ball along the ground.
• Progression – Player with the ball throws up and both players jump and compete for it. Winner scores point and throws up next time.
• Progression – Working in 3s now. Player throws ball up or rolls so that one of the players (nominated) aims to catch or secure. Third player provides a little pressure
• Body position/hands under high ball
• Body position to secure ball on ground