Rugby Drill Demonstration
- 3 lines of players 8m x 15m
- Ball starts on the left, 1st player drifts to the left on his run as he reaches the centre he the ball inside to support player, who then quickly passes deep to the centre player, who then passes to the right and the drill continues.
- As soon as the players reach the end of the grid they return around the outside and rejoin the lines in a different position.
- All passes should be quick and off the finger tips.
- Players should not have the ball for more than 2-3 seconds.
- The pop pass should come almost immedately after taking the pass.
- If executed correctly the ball should travel along the line within 1-2m off the centre cone.
- Keys points
- Support (RUN) timing
- Catch and pass quilky off of the finger tips.