Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Two players are pad holders and one will stand diagonally behind the other.
- one person will be on his knees with a ball 2 metres infront of the first pad holder.
- The ball carrier will stand in front of the person on his knees.
- two players will be on their stomachs behind the ball player.
- The ball player will recieve the ball from the person on his knees and take in into contact witht the first pad holder.
- as soon as the ball player has the ball in hand his two support players can get up from their stomachs and support.
- the ball carrier will hit the pad and go to ground with a long place.
- then one of the support players will call out bullet and he will clean out the first pad holder.
- the second support player will call out ball, He will do a lock down on the ball carrier.
- once he has done a lock down, the second pad holder has to try and knock him off the player with his pad.
- when the ball has been locked down, the player on his knees will get up and pick up the ball as the halfback.
- Ball carrier needs to run low into contact and then work hard to have a long place of the ball.
- the bullet supporter needs to adjust his speed as he goes into contact to make sure he is balanced, square and low.
- the bullet needs to work hard with his leg drive to clean out the pad holder.
- the ball supporter needs to be supporting his own body weight and protecting the ball.
- the second pad holder, must come in swuare and only make contact with his shoulder not face or neck.