Netball Drill Demonstration
Set up a diamond using cones/spots in the corners. Ensure the square is large so that players can sprint easily.
- Feeder starts with the ball outside of the diamond, 2m from the edge. Attacker and Defender start in the square.
- Attacker has to get free from defender and receive a pass from F at the cones of the diamond.
- Defender has to prevent A from moving, restricting her space.
- Work for 2-4 minutes with A moving to as many different cones as possible to receive a pass from F.
- Swap roles.
- A has to employ a variety of methods to get free from the defender. A should use a change of direction, change of pace, roll etc.
- Encourage A to think about the space she is creating by changing the angle of her body and her runs.
- F has to ensure she places the right ball to A- this may not always be flat and fast, and may need to be lifted into the back space where A is running.
- Encourage A not to reset behind D each time she has received the ball. A should move straight on to the next cone/spot for the next pass as soon as she has released the ball.