Hockey Drill Demonstration
Hopefully i will arrive by this point!!
Run exercise with 7 minutes on and 2 minutes for talking
split the group into 3 teams
one goal on the normal spot the other opposite on the 23m (see diagram)
if there are a large number of players play continuous 4v4 or 5v5
The team entering the pitch always starts at the 23m line i.e:
- 3 teams Red, Blue, Yellow
- Red defends normal goal Blue starts with ball on the 23m,
- Blue attacks red, (both red and blue can score, Red in goal on 23m and blue in normal goal)
- Play ends with ball exiting the pitch over base line, 23m or side lines.
- Once ball exits pitch, Red step off pitch, Blue move to defend goal on baseline, Yellow start with ball on 23m.
- Play until ball exits pitch or goal.
- Blue step off, Yellow defend goal on baseline, Red start with ball on 23m.
Allow for play to continue so umpire loosly.
- Stretch the pitch- width, height and depth
- ball pace