Hockey Drill Demonstration
Exercise A : teach mobile straight push, focus on ball at back foot + no sound
* divide the 8 players over 4 corners.
* with 8 pp use 4 balls. With 6 pp use 2 balls.
* Push pass straight around square. Run after your pass to next cone
* FINALE : relay against other team. Who does first 2 rounds?
Exercise B : mobile push pass to right, focus on ball back foot + left hand away from body
* Same as A, only now push to right in it as well. See picture
* from 2 corners dribbling towards middle cone and push right.
* on short side turf still push straigt.
* FINALE :relay again.
- double V grip, hands apart
- Player runs past the ball, to get ball close to line of their back (right foot).
- Stick contact with ball.
- Player lunge forward, ball stays in contact with stick as they push forward
- Follow through of stick is low and around body
NB no sound when they make this pass
Push to right
* feet forward
* Ball at back (right foot)
* Turn left shoulder to the right
* Left hand out, away from body (=in front of right hand) to angle stick
Still lunge forward, but push to right.