Hockey Drill Demonstration
This exercise builds on beating the defender that we did in the last session. In this session we will be focusing on:
- Practice the Jab
- Stealing the ball from the left
- Each player starts with the ball and practices a jabbing motion with the ball towards the cone and back. It is important that this is a controlled jab and that the ball doesn’t fly away
- Place players into pairs (spacing them out a little more). They will take turns running with the ball while the other player attempts to jab the ball away from them.
- Staying in their pairs, the exercise will change to stealing the ball
- Running in pairs, the defender will practice running with the attacker and, using a wrist action, take the ball from the attacker and turn with the ball now in strong position. The defender then runs back across the starting line.
- The players then alternate as defenders and attackers