Soccer Drill Demonstration
Objective: Technical practice focusing on movements, quality and speed of turns unopposed.
- Use same 20 x 20 grid as warm up taking out middle cone only.
- Give each player a football.
- All players should dribble around the area and perform specific turns (ie. drag back, inside / outside hook, matthew's, cruyff, etc).
- Allow players to be creative and showcase their own turns.
- Keep the ball close taking small touches using all surfaces on foot.
- Keep head up and scan area for danger.
- Change of pace and direction when appropriate.
- Turns should be performed whilst protecting the ball with body/body position.
Drill tags: dribbling, football, movement, soccer, turning, turns