Rugby Drill Demonstration
Tell the players the following.....
- The attackers will start at the base of the grid and attack the first box.
- The 2 defenders in that box, should defend within their box only.
- The attack should keep going, entering the second box, and beat the 2 defenders in that box.
- The attack will then turn and make their way down the grid, and repeat - until stopped by the coach.
- Keep the pace high.
- Communication at the heart of defence and attack.
- Decisions need to be made quickly in both defence and attack, encourage a culture of decision making, but ask why a decision was made without being critical.
- Work together with your players to explore options and to experiment.
- Attackers use a range of tactics to beat the defence including: quick hands, fixing defenders, switch etc.