Rugby Drill Demonstration
- Keep your player briefing, brief! Tell the players the following or have a demonstration group.....
- We have 1 scrum half, 4 runners and 3 defenders with tackle/ruck shields.
- The scrum half starts the attacking line by passing a ball from the ground at the first cone, to the first receiver in the attacking line.
- The defenders start 10 meters back and press up on the first 3 attackers, leaving the 4th attacker free. The attackers use quick hands to move the ball down the line, before the next cone.
- The last receiver sets the ball down, the attack line will have realigned, and the scrum half will now be on the second cone of the opposite side of the grid ready to restart the attack.
- The defenders rush 10 meters back and and once again press up on the first 3 attackers, leaving the 4th attacker free.
- They keep going until the end of the grid, turn around - and do the same working down the grid.
- Don't forget to change the defenders.
Don't feel that you have to focus on all of the following coaching points, you may have your own. Select the points that most closely match your overall training and session goals.