Rugby Drill Demonstration
Set up an area of about 15 x 15m. Have 2 teams of 5+ players, with 1 one ball.
The players can run anywhere in the area but can't run with the ball. The first team that get 10 passes wins a point. If the ball in intercepted or dropped then turnover. The 1st pass is after the turnover is free.
Stop the game every 1 minute to stretch for 30 seconds.
- Players can run with the ball
- Players can run with the ball for 2 seconds only
- Overhead passes only
- Touch the ball on the ground before passing
- Can't pass back to the person you've received it from
- This engages players mental and physical skills as well as warming them up to avoid injury.
- They are having to work hard because there is an outcome goal of 10 passes.
- Helps players be aware of space and the opposition.
- Gets players talking and listening to each other.
Drill tags: junior, warm up