Netball Drill Demonstration
Set up: A wall, one third space, one ball, 4+ cones, 2 players.
- 4 cones are set up in a zig zag formation down the length of a third space towards a wall.
- The ball is placed on the furthest away cone.
- A defending player stands in the middle of the cones, they are to ‘pick up’ the attacker when they drive out.
- The attacker, drives out towards the first cone and zig zags towards all cones to move past the defender and get the ball off the cone.
- The attacker passes the ball to the wall and gets the rebound.
Allow attacking player to experiment with 'rolls' around the defending player. Rotate players so everyone gets a go as attack and defence and also against other players.
You can adjust area size. A larger area space will make it easier for the attacker as there is more space to move around in. You could bring in more defence.